Write for Us
Are you an expert on cloud data platforms, data migration, integration, governance, cloud data security, data science? We welcome executives, analysts, practitioners, and other experts who want to contribute their original knowledge, passion, and wisdom to help enlighten our community.
On CDInsights, your words will reach a highly engaged network of CxOs, operations executives, and other IT and sector professionals and decision makers.
Our focus is the cloud data ecosystem covering from the deepest infrastructure layers, to practices and processes, and finally to the business workloads that companies across industries deploy on public, private, or multi-clouds. We also cover the enabling technologies of these areas, including Streaming Processing, Machine Learning, Integration, Migration, Data Lakes, Cloud Data Warehouses, Advanced Analytics and any other critical technologies for managing and using enterprise data in the cloud.
Finally, we always welcome business use cases across any sectors focused on applications such as preventive maintenance, operations optimization, and customer experience.
Please contact our Site Editor, Elizabeth Wallace, for more information or to pitch your idea. Our submission guidelines are below. The best approach is to send an email with a proposed article topic, a short description (one or two sentences) about how the article will cover the topic, author name, and author bio.
Download 2023 Editorial Calendar.
Download 2023 RTInsights Editorial Calendar
All of our content is available free of charge to our community.
Article Submission Guidelines
1. BE ORIGINAL: We welcome original bylined articles from end-user practitioners, independent analysts and consultants, researchers, academics and ecosystem executives. Note: Our audience reacts differently to seeing a marketing, product management or sales cycle than to other titles, so please consider that in you or your team contribution.
2. ASK FIRST: Before writing your article, please contact Elizabeth Wallace, CDInsights Editor, to pitch your story idea.
3. NO SALES: Articles must be written from an independent viewpoint—with no mention of company, products, or services. We will edit out vendor and product mentions at our discretion, including the removal of embedded links.
4. BE FOCUSED: Ideal and successful articles focus on market trends and research, insightful commentary, real-world applications (i.e., case studies or customer success stories), or advancements in technology.
5. NEUTRAL TONE: We don’t want you to tame your passion on your subject, but we suggest keeping the tone neutral. This increases an author’s thought leadership on the subject matter.
6. CLOUD-CENTRIC: We are looking for articles that have a “cloud data angle in mind. That would include everything from accessing, preparing, and moving data to cloud databases; the cloud database platforms themselves; any technologies, solutions, or services that work with the data residing in cloud databases.
8. KEEP SEO IN MIND: The article title should be 60 characters or less. Include a keyword or key phrase in the title and first paragraph. Lightly sprinkle the keyword or key phrase throughout the article.
7. LENGTH TARGET: The sweet spot for articles is between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
8. CITATIONS: When quoting from or referring to sources, please cite them using this format:
9. SUBMISSION FORMAT: Microsoft Word via email is preferred.
10. AUTHOR INFO: We expect the author to be an expert on issues associated with cloud data (verifiable with a LinkedIn profile that demonstrates such expertise in the market). Additionally, the author must also have a collection of published articles on the topic and an online presence. Note: We do not accept articles from content, marketing, or SEO writers. With your first submission, please include the following:
- a brief author bio (150 words or less)
- author email address for public posting
- a high-resolution, color headshot of the author
- social media handles for the author and company, especially Twitter and LinkedIn
11. PHOTOS AND GRAPHICS: One or two relevant photos or graphics that enhance the message of the article may be submitted with each article. The best formats are high-resolution, color JPEG files (.jpg).
Graphics can be embedded within your Word document to show desired placement, but they should always be sent as an e-mail attachment as well. And you will need cleared rights and cite a source for all photos or they will not be used.
12. TIMELINE FOR PUBLISHING: Once we receive a draft of an article, it typically takes between four to six weeks to review, prep, and schedule for posting.
13. SOCIAL MEDIA: Don’t miss our daily posts on social! Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. 14. HELP US AMPLIFY: We will let you know when we publish your article so you can also share it with your network on yoursocial media, email, etc channels,.
15. THE FINAL WORD: RTInsights maintains final editorial control of all articles, including main copy, links, photos, graphics, SEO and social media copy.
2022 Editorial Calendar